Sunday, May 17, 2009

"to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"


Skylee graduates from seminary tonight. We are so proud of her. She has been such a blessing in our lives, and has been so spiritual throughout her life. She has stood up for her beliefs on many occasions, not attending shows that other friends thought were "not that bad" Never playing softball on Sunday even if they ended up in the championship rounds, her coach, who isn't LDS always respected this and never forced the issue. Thank you, Dewey for that. (a teacher who umpires part time saw this one year and told her the next school day he was humbled by her beliefs.) She will never date anyone whom she doesn't know if he has a testimony and loves the gospel. She faithfully encourages Josh on his mission and supports many other friends in the field. She attends all her church activities, sometimes running in after playing ball all day, she serves her calling, the first counselor of the Laurels, faithfully. She befriends those in need, hurting or struggling. She does volunteer work with the relay for life, daffodil days, in memory of her grandparents. She reads the Book of Mormon to a 92 year old man, because he wants him to have the Gospel in his life... And much, much, more. She is a darling Daughter of God and we love Her. Congratulations Skylee. We love you.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Skylee you are just amazing! I can only hope my daughter can follow your example!

Mindi D said...

I am so proud of you Sky. I hope that my girls will be as strong as you when they are teenagers. You are a great example to them and to me. I am so sad we couldn't be there tonight but I am glad Jerzi got to go and see you. She is the one that will be affected by it anyway, not me. I don't need to see you graduate to know what a special girl you are. You are amazing and we love you tons!!

Patrice Pedersen said...

Congrats Skylee, sorry we couldn't be there to share this special day with you!! You are a great example to all of us.

Unknown said...

Skylee you are amazing! I love you so much and I am so proud of you for all that you do! I wish you the best of luck in the coming years. I know without a doubt you will accomplish anything you set out to do. Besides all that......you are beautiful too! WOW what a total package!!

Love Aunt DD!!