Saturday, May 9, 2009

Don't you know you're beautiful...

After reading last night's blog, I was going to erase it, because I feel much better this morning. That's all I need is to cry and vent once in awhile and then I'm renewed!! But because I use my blog as my journal I decided to leave it. I think it's good for your family and friends to see your vulnerable times. But enough about that... We went to see my 86 year old aunt yesterday, she's the only family left on my Dad's side. We kind-a went spur of the moment, I could not think what to get her for Mother's day. She has allergies so she can't have flowers , well she's a lot like my Dad and LOVES babies, so I thought I'd call Mindi and see if she would bring little Libbi over and let her snuggle with her. She agreed so we went unannounced and early enough she was still in her robe and not fixed up for the day. We wanted a picture of her with Libbi and she didn't want us to take it because she said she looked "DREADFUL" So we respected her wishes and didn't take one, But as I was looking over at her holding that precious baby , with the biggest smile on her face, I thought... doesn't she know how beautiful she is to us? I didn't see ANY imperfections. Just a beautiful women who has done wonderful things in her life. A women that has endured losing her parents, all her siblings, her husband and many friends, yet still has the time to call and say congratulations to Skylee any time she does anything "SPECTACULAR" and she calls to check on Libbi, to welcome new babies, to see how everyone is feeling, etc., etc., A women who has faithfully served the Lord throughout her life, her testimony strengthens mine often. A women who has taken on me and my sister as her "pretend" daughters and is always there for us. And so much more it's hard to list them all but, A women that is much more beautiful on the inside then the out. (although she's a pretty good- looking 86 year old!!) So this weekend as it is Mother's day, don't hide from the camera, remember you're BEAUTIFUL to your family no matter what you look like on the outside.
Happy Mother's Day!!!!
( Helen's daughter sent me this picture today! I told you she was cute. Enjoy!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad Helen got to meet Libbi! I am a little sad I didn't get to be there but I know how hard it is to get everyone together. Thank you for making Helens day!! and mine too!!

Helen really is someone for us to look up to. Thank you for keeping in touch with her. I will try to do better.

Heidi Ann said...

I love how totally honest you were on your post, makes me feel a little more "normal". I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day and were totally pampered. I wore my heart ring today, I wear it quite often and every time I do I'm reminded of you and my girlie. I love that funny ring. I loved staying with and growing to love you. Can't wait for our reunion!!