Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stop the ride!! I want to get off.


Have you ever gotten on a ride at a amusement park and right before it started to go you regretted getting on and you want to yell, "Stop the ride! I want to get off" ? Well that's how I've been feeling lately about my life. To any of you that have not been to a pity party you are now officially invited to this one.... We've been getting Skylee ready for Graduation, the rings, cap and gown, trips planned and yesterday her senior pictures. okay now I'm crying:( But anyways, I'm not sure if I'm ready for this... She's my baby.... Where did the time go?? It all went so fast. It seems like just yesterday she was born. An answer to many prayers. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my older children, but we waited so long for Skylee, and after a heartbreaking miscarriage, we finally got her. I swear I didn't put her down until she was three years old. The day I sent her to kindergarten I told her teacher, " This child has never known anything but love, I'm afraid someone might be mean to her!" because Sunnee, Brock, Mindi, Chase and ALL the friends loved her as much as we did! She has been such a delight in our family, as Sunnee and Brock got older they got into other things such as boys, and girls, and kind of dropped her a little bit, but as she has gotten older their bond to her is coming back. I think because I was older when I had her, nothing bugged me about her, She sucked her thumb.. I thought it was darling. She made a mess... I took a picture. She choose sports over cheer leading... I accepted that. She has just been everything I could ever dream of. She has a STRONG testimony that I think came when Brock was serving his mission. She loves kids, probably because of Sunnee, Mindi and Chase's kiddles. She LOVES and is VERY compassionate with the elderly, I think she picked that up from my parents and having to be a helper when they where dying. She treats All elderly very kind, My aunt, The neighbors and even reads the book of Mormon to a 95 year old man over at the assisted living, and loves him dearly. She loves spending time with us and the family. She won't even date someone who doesn't get along with the family. She's forgiving, encouraging, and loyal to her friends and family. She's very level headed and smart in everything she does. She dates only the very best of boys and doesn't compromise her values. She faithfully supports Josh and his desire to be on a mission. She's athletic, fun loving, emotional, energetic, tender,grateful, sweet, etc., etc.
So do you see now why she will be so missed??
I've even recently tried to talk Scott into buying a new house so that I won't have to be in this one without her. ( That's not going so well!!) It is going to be hard to be here without her. But enough of my Break down, Mindi just left and I'm aware people are facing things much more challenging then mine... I just had to vent. And I thought if any of you young mother's read this, Maybe you would slow down, relax, put your kids on your lap, read to them, sing to them, hug them, play with them, etc., etc., It will be over before you know it. If you get a second, listen to slipping through my fingers from the mama mia soundtrack. It says it all.

3 comments:

Mindi D said...

Between you and Jana i am now crying! I was having a good day!! Maybe bunko will cheer me back up! She will be missed, but hey look at it this way.. We will have many many fun roadies in our future!! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Okay I can't read your blogs anymore. Wow you said it all!! Skylee truly is a blessing to all of us and she will be missed but I have to agree with Mindi!!

Jana said...

It is so funny because I was thinking the other day about Skylee and when I first started dating Chase she was just tuning 8 and getting ready to be baptized. And now Aubree is that old...where does the time go. We all love Skylee so much and she is truly an amazing person!!