Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love the one you're with

You may, or may not, know that Skylee reads the Book of Mormon to a little elderly (or as my dad used to call them "YOUTH DEFICIENT " ) man over at the assisted living. She has become very good friends with him and loves him like her own grandpa... ( she has a habit of adopting the elderly!!!) Well, yesterday she took him a valentine and cupcake and he was crying that he wanted to be with his sweetheart on valentines day:( It really shook her up, she was crying so hard. ( I'm sure she was feeling the same.) But it made me stop and think, I hope everyone will appreciate their valentines this Sat. and tell them you love them and hold them, and remember love is a verb. Show them you love them. You never know when you'll be without them.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Skylee is such a sweetheart!!!!

Unknown said...

What valentine??? Just kidding. I got to tend my 6 VALENTINES and I had a blast. Anna was so darling that I almost forgot about the other 3 (+2 temporary, Hmmm I wonder who picked them up???)jk Anyway it was a great day and I am glad to be with the ones I love. Nobody will ever replace them!!!