



One of my favorite memories of my mom was when we went to lunch with her. She always went to the best places, Rainbow Gardens, The Tifffany room, Kim Wah and many others. My mom thought if you were going to spend money on food, it should be good food! None of this fast food stuff for her. Sometimes it was hard because these restaurants weren't in my budget, But most of the time she picked up the bill. That made it even nicer!!
On Monday My mom hit the 11 year year mark that she left us. Wow!! Hard to believe it has been that long. Especially because at times I can still hear her voice and smell her perfume. I feel like she is with me at times. But She really is gone :(
One of the things I love the most about my neice, Mindi, is she refuses to let us as a family fall apart. She wants it to be like when we were young, which as the families grow larger and we get more kids and obligations is at times impossible, but she continues to try.
On Sunday night she sent a text that we should all go to lunch. Most all of us ended up going. Some even showed up wearing purple, Mom's favorite color. And it was fun. Real fun.
Times change, people leave, but memories are forever... I love you Mom and miss you terribly, but I know you are always with us.
2 comments:
Sniff Sniff :) My girls were both in purple but on total coincidence! I guess grandma was here helping me get them dressed that morning :)
I purposely wore my purple but then I purposely got the tatoo also!!! I miss her:( Thanks for keeping us together Mindi!!
Post a Comment