We had a sad week this past week...Scott's dad had taken a fall the day before Thanksgiving, he had hit his head but nothing of any concern. On thanksgiving he talked and ate, but at the end he became very emotional and told everyone how grateful he was that they had came and said , "Family is everything." Anyone that knows Gary knows that is NOT like him. A man of little words that shows affection very rarely.
We had all mentioned we were surprised by his emotions on this day. The day after, Skylee was in town, and called to see how he was doing, he told her he felt a lot better. This was around seven thirty. At ten thirty that evening Scott's mother called and said Gary had passed out and they were rushing him to the hospital.
After a very long turn of events from brain surgery to life support to many days of waiting, Gary passed away Wednesday evening.
It is very hard to loose loved ones, especially when not expected. Although we were able to prepare in those longs days of waiting, I think we still were surprised by his passing. He will be missed :(
As I have lost my parents years ago, He was the only grandpa left. Gary's great Grandpa was named Benjamin and every oldest son since then has carried this name. It is Gary's middle name, Scott's middle name and Brock's. It will be Cohen's middle name also.
So as hard as it is to say good-bye, it's going to be a blessing to say Hello to our new little Cohen.
Skylee heard a song recently and the last verse goes as follows:
Old man, hospital bed, the room is filled with people he loves and he whispers, " don't cry for me, I'll see you all someday." He looks up and says, " I can see Gods face"
This is my temporary home it's not where I belong windows and rooms that I'm passing through
this was just a stop on the way to where I'm going I'm not afraid because I know, this was my temporary home.
Good-bye Gary. Hope you enjoyed your "temporary home" and are now enjoying your "eternal" one.
No comments:
Post a Comment