Saturday, November 14, 2009

The terror of texting

I don't like posting blogs without pictures, but I was trying to get a picture of Skylee's phone and she didn't put it down long enough for me to take one.
I love the idea behind texting, To be in the movie or a meeting and be able to send a quick message home feels so good. To be able to talk to Sky while she is in class makes me feel like I'm right with her. But the bad of texting is driving me crazy. I feel like the kids now-a-days ( I know I sound like an old lady ) don't even know how to communicate. Skylee will text me forever so I eventually call and then she's quiet and clams right up.
In the last month she has been asked out on dates, told goodbye, had fights, made up, thanked for gifts, thanked for a fun night, etc., etc. all in texts. How weird is that??
Where are all the gentlemen that used to have to get the guts up to call and ask her out and nervously await a reply? oh ya, they are in Az, Argentina, Washington, every where but here. It seems like all the good ones are gone.
And remember when you would lie on the bed and talk to your friends for hours, giggling and enjoying each others company?
Is it just me or is this ruining todays generation?
Is the reason so many marriages fail is because no one can communicate without a phone? Hummmm I've really been bothered by this lately... I needed to vent...
Next semester I made Sky sign up for a communications class. I think it will be a real eye opener for her, I hope she learns some valuable lessons that will help her in future relationships with guys as well as family and friends. It should be good...That is if she can quit texting long enough to listen and learn.

5 comments:

Mindi D said...

No i hadn't seen that.. I totally agree though. I feel like it's ruining my relationships with people so i'm done. I will use it for quick notes, reminders etc. or when my hubby is asleep next to me.. but that's it. We'll see how it works, here's hopin :)

Unknown said...

GREAT IDEA!!! It's about time!!

Jamie said...

I agree, if you look closely to all of the teens and many adults in sacrament meeting you may surprised to see them texting... what have we come too... :)

Jamie said...

I agree, if you look closely to all of the teens and many adults in sacrament meeting you may surprised to see them texting... what have we come too... :)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.