Well actually, not 9 to 5 but everyday 1 to 4 ha ha. A friend of mine stopped by tonight and said I never blogged anymore. Well, I told her since Skylee moved out there really isn't anything to blog about, but I guess I could update people on my new life. Since the baby moved out I thought I'd go back to work. It's been interesting. I love dressing up and talking to people. I LOVE that I get paid for doing a lot less work than I ever did at home. I even get paid on Monday for not being there! How crazy is that? there are downsides. I don't get to see the babies as much. I feel like I'm working all the time because when I get off the real job begins, and I have a church calling that I'm often (okay, always) doing at midnight when I find the time! But it's fun.
I guess I could also tell you the pros and cons to having a daughter off at college...
Pro: I have time to help Sunnee and her boys, and she gets me all to herself and loves it!!
Con: She can be quite pesty when she wants to be. Ha ha
Pro: I get to park in the middle of the driveway!
Con: I have no one to tell me if my skirt is ugly on Sunday ( do you really think Scott cares?)
Pro: I don't have to wait up until she gets home from curfew
Con: I worry about if she's home at a decent hour.
Pro: I get the bathroom all to myself.
Con: there's no one watching me put on my make-up telling about her life.
Pro: I don't have to see her texting all day.
Con: I'm concerned who she is texting.
Pro: I've become the caretaker of a beautiful Golden Retriever
Con: I'm VERY mad at the dog!!!! he doesn't listen to his new owner.
Pro: There's oodles of room on the church pew
Con: This past week when Scott was hunting I looked like a loser sitting by myself.
Pro: She is growing up , having a ball and learning how not to be dependant on me.
Con: She doesn't need me anymore :(
This next week our little Libbi is undergoing major surgery. I know that there are bigger problems in the world than sending your baby off to college, it is a good thing. The day Mindi and Kurt send little Libbi off to college I hope they remember this blog and how lucky they are to have her and to be able to send her off. I feel truly blessed that we have the resources to be able to send her. I know we are blessed that she is healthy and smart and willing to attend college. Although It's EXTREMELY hard to be without her in our house and we miss her smile and fun little attitude. I know that I'm blessed that she is where she needs to be.
2 comments:
What a busy working girl! I didn't mean to give you a guilt trip about blogging :) Lots of pros and cons... that would be hard to have your child gone and suddenly an adult and you can't always make sure she is doing the right thing, but you've raised Skylee well and she is still making the right choices!
I love seeing you all dressed up after work. Please remember you can always stop by here:) Change is always hard but usually for the better. Just wait until you get that first paycheck and don't have to ask Scott for money!!!!! ha ha ha (love you Scott)
Post a Comment