I was so taken back by my oldest grandson yesterday that it took me over night to be able to post. This kid has been through a lot in his life. a very unhappy home, finally a divorce after many years of moving and trying to make it work, changing schools being the "new" kid all the time. and finally being let down by a dad that he loved and trusted.
But surprising he's done pretty well.
Yesterday I took him out to a house that his grandpa and uncle are trying to buy for his family, it's a REAL fixer upper!! I was worried that a ten year old might be spoiled and think what a dump, but as I drove by I was very surprised when he got all excited and proceeded to tell me how he could help to make it nice, "I can mow the lawn and plant some flowers, I'm good at that grandma... I also know how to paint so I could help there too!!" he then ran off a list of things that he could do to make it nice for his family.
As we drove away, tears flowing down my cheeks, I knew this kid was going to be OK. He has got all the good that his father had( yes, there was a few) and for that I'm grateful he has had dad, even with my feelings of him.
He also said he was going to go home and Pray HARD. and that is why I'm sure he will be fine, because he trusts in his Heavenly Father.
A Father that will NEVER let him down.. :)
2 comments:
You are so sweet Lynette! I was balling when I read this post. I also helps that he has a grandma like you:)
He is such a sweet boy! It's a good thing he has an awesome mother as well as grandparents and aunts and uncles on each side that love him dearly.
Post a Comment